How have you been?
Hoje, você estudará os conhecidos Quantifiers utilizados em inglês.
Leia o texto abaixo com bastante atenção, analisando como e com que outras palavras eles são utilizados.
Here’s How Many Calories Are Lurking in Your Thanksgiving Dinner
If you’re like most people, you’ll be loosening your belt a few notches on Thanksgiving Day. But do you have any clue how many calories you end up consuming to get that uncomfortable post-meal bloat that makes you plop on the couch? Maybe you don’t want to. Eh, what the hell: The average American reportedly packs away approximately 3,000 calories and nearly 160 grams of fat in a Thanksgiving meal, according to the Calorie Control Council. Going back for seconds of turkey, some taters, and a little gravy (and you know you probably will) likely adds another 500–1,000 calories easily. When I read that, I thought it was baloney—that much? No way! Then I made a list of what I typically eat in a sitting on the fourth Thursday of every November and calculated the calories. It is a great deal of food. I must admit that—whoa, it’s a lot of stuffing!
(Fonte: Adaptado de Eat this, not that! < https://www.eatthis.com/thanksgiving-dinner-calories/ >)
Agora, responda às peguntas:
- According to the text, what do most people do on Thanksgiving Day?
- How many calories does a person end up consuming on Thanksgiving Day?
- If the author went back for seconds, what would he put on his plate?
- If you go back for seconds, how many calories does it add to your Thanksgiving meal? Is it too much?
- What did the author say about the quantity of food he eats on Thanksgiving Day?
- What did the author admit at the end of his text?
Enfrentei muitas dificuldades para aprender inglês depois de adulto, mas consegui superá-las. Foi por isso que decidi criar este blog: para ensinar, compartilhar dicas e motivar você, leitor, a aprender inglês e conquistar seus sonhos.