O Past Perfect é o último dos tempos verbais passados que vamos estudar, e ele é o passado que engloba o passado como um todo. Sua estrutura básica é [had + verbo no particípio].
Separei um texto bem simples para começarmos a enxergar o Past Perfect na prática. Shall we start?
Last night, Dane and Emily danced in a competition. They danced salsa. They had practiced for 6 months before they danced in the competition. They were very good. Dane and Emily’s friends were in the audience. Before that night, they had never seen Dane and Emily dance. In fact, Dane and Emily had never danced in front of anyone before the competition. After everyone had danced, the judges announced the winners. Dane and Emily won! They were the best dancers in the competition. Emily said she had never practiced so hard before! She was glad they had practiced a lot.
Text Comprehension Questions
Aqui, atente-se à pergunta para responder usando o tempo verbal adequado:
1. Where were they last night?
2. How long had they practiced before the competition?
3. Who was there to see them dance?
4. Had these people ever seen them dancing before?
5. Do they usually dance in front of people?
6. Did they win?
7. What had they done before the competition in order to win?
Faça uma pergunta usando uma question word:
1. Dane and Emily danced in a competition.
2. They had practiced for 6 months before the competition.
3. They had practiced a lot.
Now it’s your turn!
Você já sabe como os tempos passados funcionam, e já entendeu que o past perfect engloba o passado como um todo. Então agora é a sua vez de praticar criando um textinho similar ao da atividade. Sinta-se livre para comentar suas respostas aqui embaixo. It’ll be a pleasure to help you 🙂
Contando com os melhores professores de inglês, seja contratados ou convidados, nosso blog se dedica a fornecer conteúdo de alta qualidade e honestidade para o seu aprendizado.